Skip to main content

Customer Service Tips for ESL Hospitality Workers

Good customer service involves workers adjusting themselves to the needs of their customers. In dining situations, meeting the needs of clients is very important in order to create customer loyalty and repeat business. Anticipating the needs of diners for even the smallest things is also important. It is the small touches, such as having a wide range of condiments ready, refreshing drinks in a prompt manner and even surprises such as providing complimentary mints or beverages after the meal; that make great customer service. It's very rare to give 100% perfect service, but what diners appreciate is someone who cares about their needs and is readily available throughout the dining experience.

Customers appreciate small friendly exchanges with their waiters or waitresses. Going the extra mile by genuinely engaging in small talk is a good way to make customers or diners feel comfortable. Customers also appreciate openness and honesty. If a waiter or waitress doesn't know something, the customer won't mind waiting while they check with the chef etc. Also taking responsibility for mistakes by giving a genuine apology can really diffuse situations, especially when dealing with difficult or angry people. Even if a waiter or waitress didn't personally make a mistake with the meal, it is still necessary to apologize on behalf of the chef or restaurant. Being pro-active when mistakes happen can help make the dining experience positive again. If there's been a mistake, a good waiter or waitress not only apologizes, but offer a suggestion to rectify things to provide exceptional customer service.
Visit http://www.future-english.com to get more information about online English hospitality courses through E-learning and live training via Skype.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel)

I ordered for 50 noilers online from www.poultryplaza.com and received my order the third day after the order. It was due to my booking late on Wednesday 26th. Everything was smooth. Total cost for 50 noilers including transportation to Lokoja cost N4,400 and N65 for access bank gateway charge for using the atm platform. Grandtotal=N4,465.00 Though the cost of noilers rose sharply on friday to N120.00 Attached are some pictures of the poultry house. I will be summarizing the cost so far outside the housing and hope to see the performance of noilers over the next five months.

Five Things To Consider When Choosing Health Clubs

Although most people buy them with the best of intentions, gym memberships often go underutilized, even unused. According to industry data, only 18 percent of members visit their health clubs on a regular basis. Why would anyone pay for something they rarely or never use? One possible explanation is that they don't like the club they signed up for, but they can't quit because they're locked in a long-term contract. With that in mind, here are five things you should consider before selecting a gym. The Staff Ever wonder how some health clubs get away with charging cheap monthly fees? More often than not, they do this by cutting their staff to the bone. By keeping what is essentially a skeleton crew, these gyms can lower their membership fees to attract cost-conscious consumers. Of course, these cutbacks invariably come at a cost. With fewer employees to run the facility, users should not expect much personal attention. And while this might be just fine for the average...

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

Fish farming like other business has its proms and cons.. And truthfully its a very lucrative and yet a money draining business..  I have read articles about how lucrative the business is and how to invest and reap millions.. All I do is just to laugh on reading such article.. All they want is just for u to buy their manual and make money.. Surprisingly most of them don't have a farm of their own, they are computer farmers who don't have any experience whatsoever in the business.. I know of farms within my area who have shut down their farms due to frequent loss over the years.. I was also considering shutting down myself after I lost close to 2 million naira, yeah u heard me TWO MILLION NAIRA, but after diligent study which took about a year I decided to give it my last shot.. I had to seek help from other farmers, but every farm I went to I noticed they where all also running at loss.. That was when I decided heading to songhai farms at benin repurblic.. At songh...